Monday, October 19, 2009

Well Lookie There!


While browsing the ol' internet I stumbled across a website, www.AmericanSafariCruises.com whose home page features two photos taken by yours truly (the big photo of the Safari Spirit, and the Three Little Bears). Yeah, and that handsome devil in the blue is me too. : ) Oh, and the picture above is the most incredible Humpback whale encounter I've ever had, at Point Retreat, AK. Kevin is on "outboard left" and I'm on "outboard right," and this photo was taken by Vanessa Franson. BTW - I could have walked off the front of the boat, into the mouths of multiple whales, we were so close. So yes, it really closer than it looks. Gosh, I love my job!

In other news, today is the 1-month anniversary of my moving onto the M/V Wilderness Adventurer, my 156' home for the next year or so. As a pre-funk for the obviously extraordinary day that today is, I brought the luxury of running water to our fine boat last night. I might even be able to take a real, hot shower by Wednesday. OMG.

Well, the teacher is requiring that we actually do work now, so I must go...

Cheers,

Danny

No comments: