Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Speech Time Kiddies!

The last time I gave a speech was in my Sophomore year of highschool, in 2002. Now, seven years later I'm doing a similar bit, 10-15 minute bit on the rapper/producer/actor Marshall Bruce Mathers III, aka Eminem, aka Slim-Shady. It's not really that long, considering we're allowed to use a four-minute video clip, but maybe I'll do some more serious speeches this coming Fall? School wise I'm looking at taking Spanish, Bio/Chem, Speech, and maybe a bit of English in the Fall, as opposed to continually bashing myself with Calculus. Anywho, below is the video I'm going to use (partially) for my presentation/speech tomorrow. I believe it to be one of the better videos that Eminem has put out, in that it has an easily deciphered message. For those of us who know a bit more about the details of his life, this song is even more moving. I'll publish my final essay on this topic towards the end of March.

Cheers,

Danny

No comments: