Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Have you ever been hated or discrimated against?"

"I have, I've been protested and demonstrated against" says Eminem, the subject of my in-class presentation of a "Popular Music Icon" and the values they portray to their specific audience. The presentation was supposed to be 10-15 minutes long, with a max video excerpt of 4 minutes or less (mine technically went 4:05). Well, this morning I blew it with an embarrassing 20 minute session. I did a poor job of delivering, in that I gave into free-form more than I should have, and didn't adhere to the guidelines I made for myself(4 pages of bullets), which would have kept me under 15 minutes (I think). Perhaps my weakness is dedication to "telling all" or feeling that rigid dictation is too strict for my personal style - either way, it was embarrassing to find out how long I had actually gone on for, and in the future I'll be using a time-que or other deice to remind me of how much time has transpired. Well, we live and learn!

Cheers,

Danny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO You just get into it and share what you think! I say let the passion run and then apply the rules you need to impose on yourslef to improve...thats what works in the world outside the class. However, did your fellow students have a chance to pass on constructive input?

Dad

Anonymous said...

I agree with your Dad: NOOOOOOO!!

I thought it was great (and yes, your peers agreed)! You are a natural born leader, so don't ever let the fuckers get you down (class time included) or think that your way of seeing the world and diving in is anything but refreshing.

Cheers,

PP